Zoho Writer is surprisingly simple and easy to use. I will admit that I am biased toward Microsoft Word because I have used it for so long and am so familiar with it already. However, if I ever find myself on a computer that does not have Microsoft Word already installed on it but does have access to the internet, I will certainly utilize Zoho Writer. It has an excellent spell checker, multiple tabs that contain helpful tools, and I can leave comments in the document's margins. I really like the feature that allows me to tag my saved documents. This makes it quick and easy to find and reopen anything!
Google Docs is a wonderful and convenient online tool that Google offers completely free of charge! Using this, one can create text documents, presentations, drawings, etc. This is great for anyone that may not have Microsoft Office purchased and installed on their computer, but do have access to the internet. My future students may use Google Docs to work collaboratively by completing assignments at home and publishing them on the internet for fellow classmates to use and refer to via internet at their homes. This eliminates the need for using class time for group assignments. Furthermore, classmates no longer have to manage each others' schedules to organize meetings outside of class for group assignments. I used Google Docs' "Drawing" program to illustrate how I feel about the program:
Google Docs and Zoho Writer are both excellent examples of relatively new and easy to use pieces of software available via internet that can be used to make life inside and outside of the classroom a little more convenient. Upon comparing and contrasting the two, I found that I much prefer Google Docs over Zoho Writer. Zoho Writer has a great writing program with a few more features that Google Docs' "Documents" does not offer. For example, saving works with attached tabs for latter ease of access. However, if I was hypothetically forced to choose between the two Google Docs has my choice. It has a variety of programs available for any homework situation. For example, it offers programs to make documents, presentations, spreadsheets, tables and more. Moreover, its documents program is easier to use, and I did not have to register or sign up with anything to be able to use it. In other words, Google Docs just rocks.

No comments:
Post a Comment