Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thing #Nine

I made this comical photo at comicstripgenerator.com. It was a very simple process. The site did not require you to sign up or anything. I simply searched through a few pages of predesigned photos with text bubbles in them like this one. When I saw this one, I thought that it looked like the pope was falling asleep. I just clicked on the picture and it opened up in a new tab. I then typed "ZZZ..." into a menu to the left of the picture and chose the font and font size as well. Then I clicked the "customize comic strip" button and here we are! The URL to this webpage is:

This is my favorite image generator out of the three that I experimented with. This one was very simple to use as well. I simply filled the text box to the right of the image with words that I wanted in this mosaic. I then used the menu above to choose the background and text color and the shape of the Mosaic. Once I felt that I had a good mix, I clicked the "preview" button and the image was generated! I really liked this one so I clicked the "export" button above the menu and then saved this picture to my desktop. The URL to this web page is:

I looked at this one for too long after I made it and it gave me a headache, but I still like it even though it causes me pain. I think the colors are vivd and interesting, and the text is just what I instinctively said when I saw the colors. This one was the easiest of all to make. I simply scrolled through a series of images on the website and this one caught my eye. I said, "Woah", and then I typed the word "woah" into the text bar below the image. I clicked the button and it generated the image instantly. The URL to this web page is:
http://www.spiffytext.com/logo-step3.asp?text=WOAH...&pic=techno&font=seethru-satin&size=1.00&space=60&key=

I think these image generators serve as more of an entertainment source than for any practical use. I could however see these generators being put to use in an English classroom. If there are certain vocabulary words the Word Mosaic generator would be great for making a mosaic out of the vocabulary and putting it on the wall in the classroom. The comic strip generator could be used to make pictures of famous people telling students they should read, and librarians could put those in the library. Most of all though I can see all of these being used for humorous purposes between friends, family,  and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment